Making Language Learning Effective and Fun since 2001
Your Instructor: John St. Clair, B.A., M.A., CCC:
- B. A. and M.
A. in Spanish, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Instructor of Spanish and Portuguese at Temple University,
Philadelphia, PA, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Scottsdale
- Created and have operated Spanish Forum Language Institute
- Instructor of Spanish at Gateway Community College and Rio
Salado Community College
- Adjunct instructor of Spanish, Paradise Valley Community
- Over thirty years experience teaching Spanish at the
university and post-secondary levels.
- Creator of curricula and textbooks
for adult learners.
It is important that he has experienced and has familiarity
with the various dialect areas of the Spanish speaking world, including
Spain, Mexico and South America.
He is adept at helping students who have difficulty in learning a
foreign language. This comes from
his own experiences in learning the language, courses in Spanish linguistics,
and from many years of helping English speakers learn Spanish.
SFLI Mission Statement:
- Spanish Forum Language Institute realizes that making
learning effective can also make it enjoyable.
- This is a small school created in order to provide language
learning in a comfortable and stress-free zone.
- We hold private and small-group classes in the Spanish of
Latin America and of Spain.
- We have classes for both younger and older adults paced
- We use our own materials especially designed to accomplish
- We also offer these materials for sale to the public
on this website.
- We also offer occupational Spanish courses for landscape
& construction and health care.
- Our courses are professionally designed according to
principles of language acquisition with years of suggestions contributed
by our students.
SFLI Core Values:
- We realize that adult learners are intellectually mature
and are seeking purpose, meaning and integration in their learning
- We believe that for purposes of accountability, language
learning is most effective with a live instructor.
- We understand the need for technology in the teaching of
language but see it as only one part of the learning experience.
- We believe that the materials taught should reflect the
needs and interests of average individuals.
- We believe that our students teach us, and their
suggestions and critiques are vital to delivering a relevant learning
- We believe that instructors who have faced and mastered the
same language learning challenges as their students make the best
teachers. They testify to the fact that Spanish can be learned in
Copyright © 2021 by John St. Clair. All rights reserved.